Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County Eligibility Information
The Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County competition is what the Miss California Organization refers to as a "closed" or "structured" competition. This means that our contestants must live*, work full time, or attend school full time** within a specific boundary.
Ladies ages 17 (and at least a Senior in high school) through 24 from throughout San Mateo County are eligible to compete for the title of Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County. This includes the cities of San Mateo, Redwood City, Burlingame, San Carlos, San Bruno, Belmont, Menlo Park, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, South San Francisco, Millbrae, Daly City, Pacifica, Woodside, Hillsborough, Atherton, East Palo Alto, Portola Valley, Brisbane, Pescadero, Colma, La Honda, San Gregorio, Loma Mar, and Ladera.
Additionally, full time students at Stanford University are eligible.
miss redwood city/san mateo county's outstanding teen eligibility information
The Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County's Outstanding Teen competition abides by the same geographical boundaries as the Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County competition.
Contestants must be at least 13 years old by the beginning of state competition (held the last week of June), and no older than a 17 year old Junior in high school to compete. If a contestant is academically accelerated, meaning she has skipped a grade or more, she may still compete. Please see the following chart for more information, and feel free to contact Executive Director Allison Wood using the form below with any specific questions.
*Must show proof of residence dating six months prior to Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County Competition
**Full time is calculated as 12 credit hours. Contestants competing as full-time students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters prior to the Miss Redwood City/San Mateo County competition.
(1) Eligible if the contestant reaches 13 years of age by the first day of the 2017 Miss State’s Outstanding Teen competition.
(2) This chart represents eligibility based on a potential contestant’s Age and Education. There are other eligibility requirements and rules including: Residency, Citizenship, Other Personal Characteristics, Contractual and Other Obligations, and any special requirements of the Local or State Organization. Refer to the current MAOTeen Application and Contract for Local and State Competitions for more detailed requirements.
(3) The last day that a local Miss Competition may be conducted in the State.
(4) In this case the contestant could also be a high school graduate or have received her G.E.D.
(5) In this case the contestant must graduate from high school or receive her G.E.D. by the end of the Spring 2017 school year.